Local hiking enthusiast Dana Law will share his adventures on and tips for hiking the legendary Pacific Crest Trail at a special presentation on March 21st at 6 pm with Crest Library patrons
The trail starts in San Diego County at the Mexican border near Campo and continues through the greatest elevation changes of any of America’s National Scenic Trails before eventually reaching Canada.
A professional Magician and Mentalist, the El Cajon resident completed the trail August 22nd, 2016 at the Canadian border after 31 separate sections going north without missing a step over 13 years.
Law’s 90-minute multimedia talk should interest both armchair adventurers and outdoor enthusiasts who may be interested in one day experiencing some of or the entire trail. He will cover such topics as:
- What it takes to put your “house” on your back.
- What food, fitness, and gear are indispensable?
- How to train for the trail.
- What are the biggest dangers?
- How to experience the trail in digestible segments