What does the San Diego County economy look like for 2017 and beyond? Join the 33rd Annual San Diego County Economic Roundtable on Thursday, Jan. 19 for a lively discussion with a panel of experts on the future of the local economy, workforce development, real estate market, startups and innovation in education.
The forum is at the University of San Diego’s Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice and kicks off at 8:30 a.m. with opening remarks from County Board of Supervisors Chairwoman Dianne Jacob.
“The annual Roundtable has become the go-to event for insight and analysis about our economy,” said Jacob. “It offers something for everyone, whether you’re with business or government or just trying to sort out where your pocketbook may be headed.”
The roundtable is the longest-running free economic forecasting event for San Diego County.
This year’s panelists are:
- Gina Champion-Cain, Chief Executive Officer, American National Investments
- Matt Doyle, Assistant Superintendent, Innovation, Vista Unified School District
- Alan Gin, Associate Professor of Economics, USD School of Business Administration
- Tina Ngo Bartel, Director of Business Programs and Research, San Diego Workforce Partnership
- Ray Major, Chief Economist, SANDAG
- Deborah Ruane, Executive Vice President, Chief Strategy Officer, San Diego Housing Commission
Attendance is free. Registration is required.
Please be aware that parking at USD is now metered. Four hours of parking may be purchased for $4.
Attendees should use the west USD entrance, turn left into the West Parking Lot and purchase parking from the pay stations located at the tram stop and next to the elevators in the structure. Trams, which arrive every few minutes, will then take you to the Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice.
The parking pay stations use license plate numbers and it may be helpful to take a photo of your plate when you park. Once you have paid, there is no need to display the receipt on the dashboard. To speed up the parking payment process, you can download the Whoosh! App in advance from the Apple or Google stores.
Visit USD online for additional information on metered parking.
Follow the event on Twitter #SDEconRound.
If you cannot make it, watch live online.