Board of Supervisors Approve New Help for Flood Survivors 

Reading Time: 2 minutes

In Summary:
• Supervisors take new actions to help flood victims.
• Actions came in Tuesday special meeting.
• Board updated about floods.

County Supervisors took new actions Tuesday to help people in communities flooded by last week’s torrential rains, starting with protecting them from unfair evictions and shifting $10 million in funds to support them. 

The Board of Supervisors approved actions in a special meeting Tuesday called to address the flooding as more rains were expected in coming days. This included more than a dozen actions, including: 

County emergency services and land use and environment staff also briefed the Board of Supervisors about the current status of the flooding, recovery and continued preparations Tuesday. 

Officials said the Jan. 22 storm was the fourth wettest single day in San Diego since 1850. It caused severe flooding, erosion, debris flows and mudslides. And it displaced many people, closed numerous roads and parts of State Route 78, caused power outages and damaged public and private infrastructure. 

In its update on the recovery, officials said: 

For more information and updates about the emergency response and about preparing for future emergencies, go to the County’s Alertsandiego.org website. 

Exit mobile version