You’ve probably heard our desert flowers are blooming as they rarely do, thanks to heavy rainfall this past winter. Agua Caliente County Park is also starting to show its colors. Ranger Maggie Tull has an update on what the park’s plants have on display right now.
Agua Caliente County Park (Google Map) is a ways from the center of desert bloom attention around Borrego Springs. But the Sheriff’s Department still advises you to be aware of traffic from the flower watching crowds that have descended on the area. The Sheriff’s Department says if you’re heading to Borrego Springs:
- Try visiting the area during the week when there are fewer crowds.
- If you plan on visiting during a weekend, expect traffic delays up to several hours on roads leading in and out of Borrego Springs.
- Do not stop your vehicle in the middle of the road. Find a legal spot to park on the side of the road or in a parking lot.
- Respect private property. Anyone caught damaging or parking on private property will be cited.
- Pick up any trash you have and dispose of it properly.
- Come prepared by bringing plenty of water, food/snacks and make sure your cell phone is fully charged.
- Make sure you have a full tank of gas and check your car’s tire pressure.
— San Diego Sheriff (@SDSheriff) March 17, 2017